Rainy Day Plan
What is the Rainy Day Plan?
When you book an autumn camping or touring break, you will be given the option to take out the new ‘rainy day plan’ that gives you the flexibility to change your holiday date if the weather forecast is looking very wet and rainy for your stay with us.
The ‘Rainy Day Plan’ costs £20 per booking and can be added as an extra when booking.
How does it work?
If within 48 hours of the holiday the forecast is for heavy rain and you are worried about a muddy touring pitch and damp tent, you can change the holiday start date, if you’ve taken out the cover.
So rather than having to cancel the holiday and lose the money paid, you’re given the flexibility to move your booking within a 2 week window of the start date, subject to pitch availability.
What dates and parks does it apply to?
Applies to new camping & touring bookings with a holiday start date from 17th September to the end of the 2019 season.
The Rainy Day Plan is not applicable for seasonal or storage bookings and cannot be used by third party bookings.
The plan applies to the following parks: Trevella Park, Sand le Mere Holiday Village, Silver Sands Holiday Park, Hedley Wood Holiday Park and Ashbourne Heights Holiday Park.
The useful terms and conditions
- The rainy day plan costs £20 and will need to be added as an extra onto your holiday at the time of booking either online or on the telephone. The cover cannot be added once the booking has been made.
- Applies to new camping & touring bookings with a holiday start date from 16th September to the end of the 2019 season.
- To change your holiday date due to bad weather, you will need to contact the park within 48 hours and quote your holiday booking reference. The team will check the availability of your pitch for your new date.
- To change the date, the holiday must be on the same pitch type and at the same park.
- The Rainy Day Plan is not applicable for seasonal or storage bookings and cannot be used by third party bookings.
- If your new holiday date crosses into a school holiday date or Bank Holiday, you will need to pay the additional balance of the increased pitched price.
- You are only permitted to change your holiday start date once.
- If there is no availability for your new holiday dates, you can choose to continue with your original booking or cancel your break. We will make every effort to accommodate your change request and will provide you with options to move your booking to a April 2020 date if availability is limited. If you decide to cancel your booking within 48 hours, we will be unable to offer a refund of your holiday, including the rainy day cover. The Rainy Day Plan gives you the flexibility to change your date and is not a cancellation plan.
- Pitch changes are subject to availability at the time of booking.